Whether you and your plan members require basic maintenance or major procedures, our group dentalcare benefits help cover the cost of dental services and supplies offered by licensed dentists.
And, to make it easy and convenient for everyone, we can receive dental claims electronically in "real time" from a dentist's office, or from a third-party administrator.
Solutions That Fit Your Needs
- Plan members value dentalcare benefits
- Many coverage options are available
- Electronic claims filing saves time and hassle
Your organization can specify coverage percentages and/or apply a fixed dollar amount per year for the following dentalcare options.
Basic coverage includes:
- Ongoing care and maintenance of teeth, roots and gums
- Diagnostic services – exams, radiographs, X-rays and tests
- Preventative treatment – polishing, scaling, oral hygiene instruction, pit and fissure sealants, and space maintainers
- Minor restorations – fillings, prefab crowns for primary teeth, and other services completed in conjunction with minor restorations
- Endodontics – root canal therapy
- Periodontics – treatment of gums
- Denture maintenance – relines and rebases
- Oral surgery – removal of teeth
- Adjunctive services – anesthesia, medications and pain relief
Major coverage includes:
- Crowns and onlays
- Dentures and bridges
- Related items such as posts, pins and denture-related surgery
- Replacements when the existing appliance is five or more years old
- Appliance maintenance – denture relines and rebases, denture or bridgework repair
Note: For groups with fewer than 35 plan members, at least five members must have both Basic and Major coverage for Major coverage to be available.
Orthodontic coverage includes:
- Ortho-exams, X-rays, diagnostic radiographs and casts
- Braces and retainers (limited to children between the ages of 6 and 18 when treatment begins)
Note: For groups with fewer than 35 plan members, at least 10 members must have Basic, Major and Orthodontic coverage for Orthodontic coverage to be available.