Standard Disability Insurance Plans
If one of your plan members becomes disabled, his or her personal savings, loans or spousal income may not provide sufficient resources for maintaining the basic necessities of life.
Our group disability insurance benefits help ensure your plan members continue to have a source of income should they meet the definition of disability and be unable to work for certain periods of time.
Solutions That Fit Your Needs
- Provides a source of income to ill or injured plan members
- Replaces a percentage of the plan member’s earnings
- Allows you to choose your short-term and long-term disability plans
Disability insurance coverage provides salary replacement for plan members who are unable to work due to injury or illness, and can replace 55 to 70 per cent of a plan member's earnings.
There are two types of group disability plans available.
- Replaces a plan member's salary if he or she is unable to work due to injury or illness
- Pays benefits for up to six months
- Replaces salaries for plan members who are disabled for extended periods of time due to illness or injury
- Offers coverage to age 65
The provisions and claims management processes for our group disability plans are dedicated to helping plan members get well and return to employability as soon as possible.
Find out more about The Ability Partnership, our approach to managing wellness and disability in the workplace with a focus on ability.