Travelling offers many rewards—but it can also present challenges. One challenge your plan members don’t need is a medical emergency while travelling.
Our Travel Assistance benefit is designed to provide worldwide assistance to travellers in emergency medical situations, wherever and whenever they need.
With Travel Assistance, your plan members receive travel assistance for emergency medical situations anywhere in the world, including Canada if the trip takes the individual more than 500 kilometres from home.
With worldwide assistance and a communication network available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, this service helps plan members locate hospitals, clinics, and physicians.
Travel Assistance provides the following services:
- Medical advisors
- Advance payment when required for hospital admission
- Helping to locate qualified legal assistance, local interpreters and appropriate services for replacing lost passports
- Assisting unattended children
- Return of vehicle
- Transportation reimbursement
- Medical evacuation
- Travelling companion expenses
- Transportation of remains: if a plan member dies while travelling, expenses for preparing and transporting the plan member’s remains home are covered. The assistance company can also help make the appropriate arrangements.
Looking for more information?
We have specialists around the country who can help develop solutions that fit your needs.